All required gear must be carried the entire race. Each individual must carry all the individual gear. Teams must carry at least one
of all team gear items. Bike Gear may be left with your bikes at bike drops and/or Transition Areas.
Team Gear - At least 1 of each item per team to be carried at all times.
- Map Case (or large ziploc bag)
- UTM plotting tool - we will have a limited number of these available at check in for $5
- First Aid kit - Adventure Medical Kit's Ultralight/Watertight .3 or .5 Medical kits recommended or put together a similar kit.
- - AT A MINIMUM your kit must contain bandages, gauze, tape, and antibiotic ointment.
- Cell phone (in sealed case/bag)
Individual Gear - To be carried by every team member at all times
- Hydration pack (or means to carry at least 40 oz of fluids and all required gear throughout the race)
- Emergency blanket
- Lighter or waterproof matches
Individual Bike Gear - To be carried by every team member during all biking legs
- Mountain Bike - no road bikes, cyclocross bikes, etc
- Bike Helmet
- Flashing red taillight
RECOMMENDED GEAR: The following items are highly recommended, but not required. If you need them, you will wish you had them!
Leave them at home at your own risk!!!
Recommended Team Gear -
- Water purification system (Iodine tablets, filter, UV water purifier, etc)
- Tube Patch kit
- Tire Pump or CO2 inflator
- Bike MultiTool
- Spare Tube(s)
Recommended Individual Gear -
- Waterproof jacket
- Fleece jacket/pullover(no cotton)
- Food for the entire race